The Windsor Castle
Back Street, then Queen Charlotte Street

Near the corner of Baldwin Street, to the left of the pub can be seen the bombed out ruins of Rowland Adams fruiterers and in the distance is St.Nicholas church.  The Windsor Castle was demolished in March 1972 and now shops, offices and a multi-storey car park stand on this corner which was part of the area once known as ‘Back Hall’.

1828. J. Lowe
1830 - 37. Josiah Williams
1840 - 52. William Jones
1853 - 56. Thomas Bevan
1858 - 60. William Knight
1863 - 66. John Bryant
1867. Henry Mullins
1868. George Williams
1869. David Mills
1871 - 75. Daniel Dalby
1877 - 1904. Edward Jenkins
1906 - 31. Rowland Adams
1935. Thomas Bolt
1937. Albert Rogers
1938. Thomas Bolt
1944 - 50. Arthur Short