The Union Tavern
Marlborough Street

On the Kingsdown side of the road between the Infirmary and Dighton Street.  Two doors up can be seen the ‘Albert’ now the site of the Royal Infirmary car park both these pubs were pulled down in 1958 during the widening and redirecting of the road down to the new St.James’s Barton Roundabout. 

1775 - 1800. John Harris
1822 - 28. Samuel Williams
1830 - 34. William Payne
1837. William Nicholls
1840 - 42. James Cobbett
1844 - 49. George Stacey
1852. John Vincent
1853. George White
1856. Miss. C. Godfrey
1858. George Godfrey
1860 - 63. Edward Pound
1865. G. Alpass
1866 - 72. Richard Parrish
1875 - 91. William Pinnock
1894. Thomas Burnett
1896. Henry Morgan
1897. Ellen Mills
1899 - 1901. David Donaldson
1904. Edith Merrick
1906 - 17. Thomas Manley
1921. Albert Sheppard (jnr)
1925 - 31. Frederick Maggs
1935 - 38. Henry Tyler
1944 - 50. Albert Coker
1950. Albert Trutch