The Three Kings
Thomas Street

The 17th century Three Kings Inn was one of many old coaching inns in the vicinity of Redcliff Street which up until the 1930’s was the main road through Bristol from the midlands. It once boasted stabling for 100 horses and in later years was the goods receiving warehouse of the Midland Railway, it is pictured here in 1906 a few years before the building was demolished.

1775. ? Benbury
1783 - 85. George Sanders
1792 - 94. John Porter
1822. C. Hayes
1825. J. Cook
1826. J. Chapman
1830 - 44. William Crocombe
1848. Mary Crocombe
1851 - 66. John Crew
1867 - 69. John Cross
1871 - 1901. Malcolm Knee