The Ship Inn
Wade Street

On the corner with Little George Street, this pub was pulled down in the early 1980’s for road widening, next door the Sportsman’s Arms survived as it was set back from the road, it still stands to-day but derelict. Built in the early eighteenth century St.Judes was Bristol’s first planned suburb, a shop opposite the Sportsman’s and a nearby pub The Swan With Two Necks survive from this time.

1794. Hugh Roberts
1822. William Newman
1826. Evan David
1828. J. Knill
1832 - 44. John Caryl
1847 - 55. Sarah Caryl
1856. R. M. Tytherley
1860 - 82. James Richards
1883 - 91. Elizabeth Morris
1894 - 97. Louisa Bide
1899 - 1904. Henry White
1906 - 09. Joshua Dorymeade
1914 - 31. William Symes
1935 - 38. William Hooper
1944. George Hooper
1950. Leslie Herbert Green