The Ship
Redcliff Hill

The Ship Inn was re-built in 1860, it stood across the road from St.Mary Redcliffe Church and was next door to the famous shot tower, it once had stables and a coach house at the rear. A popular jazz venue in the 50’s and 60’s the pub and the shot tower were demolished in 1968 to be replaced with office buildings.

The Stable Bar in 1961

1775. John Perrins
1794. James Palmer
1800. Betty Palmer
1832. Isaac Crocker
1834 - 44. William Field
1851 - 52. Edward Weaving
1854 - 56. J. Vincent
1863 - 71. William Turvey
1872 - 83. Frederick Ogborne
1886 - 94. Betsy Ogborne
1896. George Wadley
1897. William Newport
1899 - 1906. Walter Beacham
1909. Edward Hoddinott
1914 - 17. James Hall
1921. Arthur Watts
1925. Benjamin Iles
1928. James Thompson
1931. Arthur Young
1935 - 37. Arthur Scriven
1944. Philip Smith
1950. Walter Dee