The Rownham Hotel
Freeland Place

Originally named the Hotwells Tavern.  In 1873 when the entrance to Cumberland Basin was enlarged a pub named the Rownham Tavern was demolished and Rownham ferry moved downstream towards the Hotwells Tavern, not long afterwards the name was changed to the Rownham Hotel.  The pub was removed in 1969 for road Widening.

Hotwells Tavern

1826 - 30. William Thomas
1834 - 37. Joseph Smith
1840 -44. Mary Jones
1848 - 52. Francis Evans
1853 - 73. Philip John Marks

Rownham Hotel

1877. William Green
1878 - 79. Simeon Goode
1882 - 96. Nicholas Hetherington
1899 - 1901. R. Edwards
1904 - 21. William Baker
1925 - 28. John McLean
1931. Edward Smart
1935 - 37. Ernest Cainey
1944. Ellen Bennett