The Old Porter House
Narrow Wine Street

Looking from the top of Union Street.  The Old Porter House was removed in the late 1870’s presumably to widen the road.  Badly damaged in the blitz this area was cleared in the 1950’s, Fairfax House which was built down the left has since been replaced with the Galleries Shopping mall and to the right is now Castle Park. The landlord’s name on the side of the pub is William Williams which dates this picture to the late 1860’s / early 1870’s.

1822. Robert Bath
1826. Ann Bath
1828 - 63. John Bland
1865 - 67. Samuel Travis
1868. W. Whittaker
1869 - 72. William Williams
1875. ? Webb