The Old Crown
Broad Weir

Near the corner with Philadelphia Street, the Old Crown was re-built around 1906. In the war the pub survived a daylight bombing raid which destroyed the property next door but it didn’t survive the redevelopment of the area and was pulled down in 1957. Today the pub would stand near the Broad Weir entrance to Quakers Friars.

the Old Crown prior to rebuild

1775. Thomas Virgin
1800. Edward Gabriel
1826 - 34. John Stone
1837 - 42. George Davis
1844. George Brown
1847. George Stephens
1848 - 49. W. Johnson
1852. Antonio Lombardini
1853 - 55. William Wilson
1858. Mary Shapton
1860. Thomas Bence
1863 - 66. Henry Boyce
1867 - 69. Felix Davies
1871 - 72. James Williams
1875. William Harvey
1877 - 78. Mary Kerton
1879 - 87. Charles Brock
1889 - 1906. John Hill
1909. Owen Norris
1914 - 21. Alice Fothergill
1925. Elizabeth Ann Crane
1928. Walter Harris
1931. Herbert Leigh
1935. James Kettle
1937. Henry Oakley
1938 - 50. Charles Sommerell