The Museum Tavern
Hanmer’s Buildings, Museum Avenue

Hanmer’s Buildings down the left of Museum Avenue, as seen from Park Street before 1870.  The tavern (with gas lamp) can be seen half way down. The building to the right is now the Masonic Hall but was once the museum from which the pub took it’s name.  The pub went in 1936 when St.George’s Road was extended into Park Street. 

1867 - 68. William Davis
1869. John Loosemore
1871. James Gahan 
1872 - 75. ? Mayer
1877 - 78. James Passmore 
1879 - 80. Sarah Wagner
1882. J. H. Bridges
1883 - 1906. William Folland
1909. Mary Ann Folland
1914 - 17. Harry Brown
1921. Phoebe Ann Rose
1925 - 31. Alfred James 
1935. Frederick Barber