The Lamb Inn
West Street

Between Lawford Street and Gloucester Lane, established in 1651 the Lamb Inn was a coaching inn with stables and a courtyard, no longer licensed by 1903 the building was demolished in the 20’s to be replaced with shops, the yard and stables survived in to the late 40’s. The name above the door in this photograph is W. H. Symes, the Lamb’s last landlord.

a newspaper cutting from 1903

1775. William Bartlett
1792 - 94. Mary Bartlett
1800. Anthony Harvey
1822 - 40. Zachariah Huggins
1842 - 44. Thomas Mountain
1848 - 52. Thomas Bennett
1855. Thomas Mountain
1858. E. Mountain
1860 - 72. Isaac Short
1875 - 79. Sarah Short
1881 - 82. Eliza Hember
1886. Joseph Bullock
1889. Ellen Mary Sheedy
1891 - 99. Mary Ann Davis
1901. John Butt
1902. William Symes