The Lamb & Anchor
Milk Street

On the corner with Leek Lane the original small corner pub was replaced in the late 1890’s with a huge red and yellow brick building which in turn was pulled down in 1959 during the post war changes to the Broadmead shopping centre. Milk Street started from where the entrance to Debenhams is today and followed a straight line into Newfoundland Street, the Lamb & Anchor was almost halfway up on the right hand side.

1792 - 1800. John Evans
1822. William Drake
1828 - 40. Ann Drake
1842 - 53. Thomas Stocker
1854 to 1867. George Sayer
1868 -69. Jane Sayer
1871 - 72. R. H. Pring
1873 to 1928. Charles Winstone
1929 - 50. Thomas Foxwell