The King David Hotel
Upper Maudlin Street

At the bottom of St.Michaels Hill, the King David pictured was rebuilt in red and yellow brick in 1893 to a design by architect William Gingell who also designed the Crown & Dove in Bridewell Street and was co-architect of the award winning Bristol general hospital.  The King David is standing today but no longer a pub having closed in February 1976.  In this picture the name above the door is George Ingram.

1792. Joseph Stephens
1794. William Pritchard
1822. William Hooper
1825. Thomas Watson
1826 - 30. James Highman
1834 - 37. Mrs. Highman
1840. Mathew Pomphrey
1842 - 58. Robert Adams
1858 - 60. Mary Lockley
1863 - 69. Ann Willey
1871 - 79. Ann Willey & E. Cates
1882 - 89. William Cates
1891. Rose Cates
1892 - 94. George Ingram
1896 - 99. Robert Gibbons
1901 - 38. Stephen Gibbons
1944. William King
1950. Arthur McGill