The Greyhound Hotel
Broadmead

The Greyhound was a large coaching inn dating from 1620, originally two buildings the Birmingham Hotel (previously the Bell) and the smaller Greyhound, these merged to form one hotel named the Greyhound in the early 19th century.  In 1958 a large part of the pub was converted into shops and the whole front re-built in replica. Today it serves as an entrance to the Galleries shopping centre and is no longer a pub.

1775. John Snell
1785 - 92. George Cooper
1794. Martha Cooper
1800. Thomas Morgan
1822. William Pullen
1825 - 26. John Pritchard
1828. E. Lee
1830 - 44. George Slocombe
1848. James Carter
1851 - 68. William Kean
1869 to 1872. Edwin Pickwick
1873 to 1880. Sarah Pickwick
1882 - 91. James Ballantyne
1892 - 97. James Vickery
1899 - 1928. Samuel Lennox
1931 - 44. Miss Bateman
1950. W. E. Stephens