The Garrick’s Head / The Theatre Tavern
King Street

Pictured during a spell when both buildings were being used as public houses. The gable to the right was the entrance to the Theatre Royal which was rebuilt in 1903, the two old pub buildings were demolished shortly afterwards.

Garrick’s Head

1847 - 68. David Williams
1869. P. E. Bull
1870 to 1871. Robert Cotton
1872. Thomas Duffy
1873. William Dunn

Theatre Tavern

1865 - 75. John Rowden
1876 to 1877. Mary Rowden
1878. Robert Rowden
1879 - 87. Benjamin Warren
1889 to 1895. Paul Kautz
1896 to 1899. Margaret Kautz
1900. Margaret Lynch
1901. John Tutton