The Dove Inn
Trinity Street

On the corner with Church Street in Newtown. Stood under the splendid gas lamp is landlord George Adams which dates the picture to the late 1890’s. The Dove was the last remaining pub in Newtown when it was demolished in 1969 This photograph was kindly sent from Yeovil England by David Adams grandson of George.

1865 - 75. Robert Loveridge
1877 - 78. John Odey
1879 - 81. Edwin Dowding
1886. William Hulbert
1887. F. Walker
1889. James Kirkbride
1891. William Crouch
1894. Albert Bickley
1896. Frederick Allen
1897 to 1898. George Adams
1901. William Reardon
1904. C. P. Down
1906. Samuel Collard
1909 - 17. George Wilkins
1921 - 28. William T. Bleakeny
1931 - 50. James Greenwood