The Don Cossack
Redcliff Street

On the corner with Portwall Lane, the name above the door is George Plumley and the posters either side of the door read ‘Removed to the White Hart Thomas Street’ which dates this picture to around 1876.  The Don restaurant by 1890 and later a temperance hotel the building along with everthing else in this picture was lost in the blitz.

1822 - 26. James Parrish
1828 - 34. John Densham
1837 - 40. James Barwell
1842 - 44. Edward Alder
1847. Edward Bartlett
1848 - 49. Aaron Dando
1852. Ann Kidwell
1853 - 60. J. Parker
1863 - 75. George Plumley
1877 - 78. A. H. King
1879. Frederick Knowles
1881 - 82. Ellen Clements
1886 - 87. G. Becker