The Castle & Plough
Temple Gate

On the corner with Clarence Road. this pub was demolished in the late 1950’s for the second Bath Bridge which was opened in 1960.

1847 - 67. Samuel Bissicks
1868 to 1871. Long & Bissicks
1872 - 83. William Patch
1886 - 1904. Frederick Bissicks
1906 - 09. Julia Ann Bissicks
1914 - 25. Mary Bath
1928 - 31. Charles Lacey
1935 - 44. Thomas Veal
1950. Sarah Ann Veal