The Boar’s Head
Redcliff Street

On the corner with Jones’ Lane, the Boar’s Head narrowly missed demolition in 1936 when the new inner circuit road was cut through the bottom of Redcliff Hill. The pub then survived until 1941 when it was flattened by Hitler’s bombs.

1775. Mary Dean
1792. William Jones
1800. William Bishop
1809 to 1835. James Blannin
1836 to 1852. James Blannin jnr
1852 to 1853. Ann Blannin
1854 to 1855. C. Manning
1856 - 58. W. H. Turner
1860. Mark Helmore
1863 - 72. Mark Selleck
1875 - 78. Isaac Hall
1879. Sarah Hall
1882 - 83. William Higgs
1886. Charles Dawson
1887. Charles Hill
1889. Marshall Flower
1891. John Thompson
1892 - 94. John Naylor
1896. Henry Crates
1897 - 99. Edwin Dibble
1901. Samuel Hobbs
1904. William Davis
1906 - 17. Herbert Templeman
1921. Edgar Denning
1925. Thomas Ross
1928 - 31. William Richardson
1935. Dorothy Clark
1937. Arthur Gill