The Blue Bowl
Pithay

The condition of this tavern was typical of buildings in this area which was cleared in the 1880’s and 90’s to make way for the Fry‘s chocolate factories.  Today it would be at the junction of All Saints’ Street, Fairfax Street and Pithay. The landlord’s name on the sign above the window is John Williams the pub’s last licensee.

1800. Robert Cooper
1822. Andrew Clark
1826 - 37. Evan Powell
1840. Ann Powell
1842. William Woolcott
1844. John Barry
1848 - 52. John Wyatt
1853 - 56. William Dilling
1858 - 63. James Marshall
1865 - 69. Edward Daley
1870 to 1876. John Williams